North American Hay Tool Collectors Association Newsletter
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer
Adobe Acrobat Reader, please install it now and follow the easy instructions.
- Newsletter #1,Vol 1 Issue 1, March 2009
- Member Spotlight Doug de Shazer, Crofton, NE
- Newsletter #2,Vol 1 Issue 2, May 2009
- Member Spotlight Barry and Collin Merenoff,
Mechanical Advantage” reference books on pulleys, hay carriers and other Hay Tools
- Newsletter #3,Vol 1 Issue 3, SEPTEMBER 2009
- Member Spotlight Dave Wilson of Van Meter, Iowa.
vast collection of hay forks, spears, grapple forks
also collects wall mount pumps, floor pumps and reach plates from wagons.
F.E. Myers & Bro., manufacturer of pumps and hay tools, Ashland, Ohio
- Newsletter #4,Vol 2 Issue 1, January 2010
- Member Spotlight Dale Smithhisler of Ashland, Ohio
avid collector of F.E. Myers brand merchandise.
Hibbard, Spencer and Bartlett Company Information
- Newsletter #5,Vol 2 Issue 2, March 2011
- Member Spotlight Dennis McGrew of Lawrence, MI
collection of Cockshutt tractors and any barn-related items made by carrier manufacturers
William Gutenkunst - Founder of Milwaukee HayTool Company
- Newsletter #6,Vol 2 Issue 3, September 2011
- Feature Story ,William Louden - Father of the Hay Carrier
U.S. patent for the world’s first hay carrier, September 24th 1867.
- Newsletter #7,Vol 2 Issue 4, November 2011
- Grand Champion, hay carrier collector Steve Weeber,The History of Hay Carriers
- Newsletter #8,Vol 3 Issue 1, January 2011
- Member Spotlight: Gary VanScyoc and Jerry Kemp, Porter play ground equipment.
- Newsletter #9,Vol 3 Issue 2, March 2011
- Member Spotlight Gideon Troyer and Melvin Mast
- Newsletter #10,Vol 3 Issue 3, Aug 2011
- Member Spotlight HOWARD J. FERRIS, FOUNDER OF HUNT HELM FERRIS
- Newsletter #11,Vol 4 Issue 1, January 2012
- NAHTCA at 6TH ANNUAL TRI-STATE GAS ENGINE AND TRACTOR SHOW IN PORTLAND, INDIANA. Member Spotlight, Howard J. Ferris cont
- Newsletter #12,Vol 4 Issue 2, Aug 2011
- Member Spotlight HOWARD J. FERRIS, continued. List of Hay Carrier Manufacturers in Ohio
- Special Edition May 2010
- 5 th Annual Hay Tool Show and Swap Meet a Great Success
earliest patented hay carrier to exist, patented by H. C. Stauffer in 1868.
- Special Edition May 2011
- 6th Annual Hay Tool Show and Swap Meet Reaches New Heights
featured Ney hay tools
William Louden, of Fairfield, Iowa, invented the barn hay carrier and the patent was dated September 24, 1867. He started Louden Machinery Co., to supply farmers, with labor saving equipment,
and by 1925 had sold "millions" of carriers.
the Louden Machinery Co. catalog(PDF)
partial catalog was saved from the web, contains 17 of 240 pages.
General catalog No. 52 issued Sept. 1, 1923
"Everything for the Barn"
"If It's a Louden, It's the Best"
more Louden Machinery catalogs on web, see links to Hay Tool related Web Sites